Re: Password complexity on Solaris 9

From: Martin Paul (map_at_par.univie.ac.at)
Date: 02/15/05

    Date: 15 Feb 2005 13:14:12 GMT

    In comp.unix.solaris Geppox <geppox@infinito.it> wrote:
    > I'm going to implement password complexity (minalpha, mindigit,
    > minupper, minlower, passlength and so on...) on my Solaris 9 system.

    > But it works fine only for password length, and seems to ignore the
    > other parameters. Why? Can anyone help me?

    AFAIK only PASSLENGTH is supported in Solaris 9, support for the
    extended password complexity tunables came in with Solaris 10.
    Compare the passwd(1) man pages on docs.sun.com for more detail.

    mp.

    --
    Systems Administrator | Institute for Software Science | Univ. of Vienna

    • RE: Checking Password Complexity in SQL 2008
      ... Thank you for using Microsoft MSDN Managed Newsgroup. ... authenticated passwords meet the requirment of password complexity. ... if you would like to use a windows account ... Microsoft Online Community Support ...
      (microsoft.public.sqlserver.security)
    • Re: Password complexity on Solaris 9
      ... > I'm going to implement password complexity (minalpha, mindigit, ... AFAIK only PASSLENGTH is supported in Solaris 9, ... extended password complexity tunables came in with Solaris 10. ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Password complexity Solaris 9
      ... An auditor has decreed that I need to implement basic ... password complexity rules on a solaris 9 system. ...
      (SunManagers)
    • Password complexity on Solaris 9
      ... I'm going to implement password complexity (minalpha, mindigit, ... minupper, minlower, passlength and so on...) ... on my Solaris 9 system. ... MAXWEEKS= ...
      (comp.unix.solaris)
    • Password complexity on Solaris 9
      ... I'm going to implement password complexity (minalpha, mindigit, ... minupper, minlower, passlength and so on...) ... on my Solaris 9 system. ... MAXWEEKS= ...
      (comp.security.unix)