Re: Internet Firewall FAQ in Dutch

From: Walter Roberson (roberson_at_ibd.nrc-cnrc.gc.ca)
Date: 02/09/05

Date: 9 Feb 2005 20:00:36 GMT

In article <i9lk01trcqus9ism1l9hun6rbtphs9v9o8@4ax.com>,
Jim Watt <jimwatt@aol.no_way> wrote:
:On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 09:01:25 -0600, bishop@speakeasy.net wrote:

:>Perhaps you ought to reconsider your definition of "spam."

:I know a lot about it and wrote a Spam analysis program
:in 1969, errr what were you doing at the time?

What were you doing writing a Spam analysis program before the
first spam existed?

http://www.multicians.org/thvv/mail-history.html

"There was an earlier mass electronic mail message sent to a large
community of unwilling readers [my definition of spam] that predates
the 1978 DEC spam. This message was sent using CTSS MAIL about 1971, at
a time of campus unrest and anti-war rallies."

The first IMPs weren't even delivered until August 1969, and though
MIT's single-system email system predates that, there is no
recorded history of spam before 1971, and no recorded history
of commercial spam before 1978.

--
Caution: A subset of the statements in this message may be
tautologically true.

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Internet Firewall FAQ in Dutch
    ... What were you doing writing a Spam analysis program before the ... MIT's single-system email system predates that, ... recorded history of spam before 1971, ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Internet Firewall FAQ in Dutch
    ... What were you doing writing a Spam analysis program before the ... MIT's single-system email system predates that, ... recorded history of spam before 1971, ...
    (alt.computer.security)