Re: Internet Firewall FAQ in Dutch

From: ypu mean dutch? (me_at_privacy.net)
Date: 02/09/05

    Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 11:17:16 +0100

    "William L. Sun" <88sun@cox.net> wrote in message
    news:FrjOd.12297$6u.7174@fed1read02...
    > That is great. Could you please cc it to 88sun@cox.net? Thank you very
    much!

    no. I'm not willing to send it by email anymore, not even a post in a
    newsgroup.
    Some people ( Jim Watt, winged ) are writing a lot of negative stuff about
    your posting in other newsgroups. So, I did some research; joined some other
    newsgroups. Yes, the next time I'm offering something I'll do that first.

    You are not named on http://www.compuwar.net/pubs/fwfaq/ or
    http://www.interhack.net/pubs/fwfaq/;
    your email address isn't linked to interhack or compuwar, you are not a
    contributor, etc.
    There is a norwegian FAQ, but that one isn't post in the newsgroups!! I'm
    not willing to translate 42 pages just for your fun. I thought it was
    serious.

    Thanks winged and Jim, you saved me a lot of translation time. I did read a
    lot of the FAQ and I think it could be half the lenght as it is today. It
    has a lot of Unix stuff in it and not much M$ (= windows) related. I don't
    agree with the writings about DMZ or even about the firewall basics. There
    must be information in the FAQ about the one way XP firewall ( a terrible
    construction and why it's terrible. To much people say "I have a firewall
    protecting me"; but have lots of active trojans on there pc because XP isn't
    interested in blocking outgoing information. You could stop the M$
    phone-home information ;-)).
     I miss the today's combination router and firewall; much attacks are
    blocked by the router and not by the firewall. The FAQ gives a lot of
    information about routers, but not enough ( VPN is missing ; wireless
    security is missing)

    >> We wrote this FAQ for computer systems developers and administrators (
    FAQ 1.2 )

    okee, but if there security knowledge is that low they should have end-user
    privilages and NO administrator rights (never!).
    I think the FAQ was good 10 years ago but not for today's security.

    • Re: Internet Firewall FAQ in Dutch
      ... no. I'm not willing to send it by email anymore, not even a post in a ... your posting in other newsgroups. ... There is a norwegian FAQ, but that one isn't post in the newsgroups!! ... agree with the writings about DMZ or even about the firewall basics. ...
      (alt.computer.security)
    • Re: Internet Firewall FAQ in Dutch
      ... no. I'm not willing to send it by email anymore, not even a post in a ... your posting in other newsgroups. ... There is a norwegian FAQ, but that one isn't post in the newsgroups!! ... agree with the writings about DMZ or even about the firewall basics. ...
      (comp.security.misc)
    • The ASP.NET FAQ...
      ... Welcome to the ASP.NET FAQ. ... The Microsoft Public Newsgroups allow users of Microsoft products to exchange technical ... You can get ASP.NET by installing the Microsoft .NET Framework on a computer which has IIS ... You must install IIS before you install the .NET Framework. ...
    • The ASP.NET FAQ...
      ... Thank you for reading this FAQ! ... The Microsoft Public Newsgroups allow users of Microsoft products to exchange technical ... You can get ASP.NET by installing the Microsoft .NET Framework on a computer which has IIS installed. ... You must install IIS before you install the .NET Framework. ...