Re: Probes on Port 135 and 445 continue

From: Skorpion (skorpion_at_newsgroups.cetro.nil)
Date: 10/13/04

    Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 11:56:34 -0500

    • Re: Guide to secure installtion of IIS 5
      ... don't forget a well-configured firewall. ... Do not put the computer onto the network or the Internet until after the ... Follow the instructions for hardening Windows and IIS at ... Install all service packs and security fixes from Microsoft and otherwise ...
    • Re: Is secedit.exe left by a hacker?
      ... > tested on port 445. ... > I have a Linksys router that I use as a firewall to my ... Secedit.exe is the name of a legitimate Windows file, ... investigate the files on your computer - antivirus with the latest updates ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: Is secedit.exe left by a hacker?
      ... >> tested on port 445. ... >> I have a Linksys router that I use as a firewall to my ... >investigate the files on your computer - antivirus with ... >windows and everything else. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: How to Maintain an IIS Server?
      ... > server running on a Windows 2000 server. ... before a firewall and antivirus have been installed]. ... open ports; however, this will not identify which program is using the port. ...
    • Re: password protection
      ... and cable] and should really consider Windows 2000 / XP. ... sure you're also running antivirus and firewall, ... Internet] to bypass this security. ...
      (microsoft.public.security)