Re: the best IDS

From: Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez (jkerouac_at_bgsec.com)
Date: 10/04/04

Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 20:28:58 +0200

Colin B. wrote:
> Tom Bishep <edardv@rbcmail.ru> wrote:
>
>>hi
>>what is the best open sources IDS for *nix?
>

> That one with all the great features.

NIDS: snort
HIDS: tripwire

--
Jose Maria Lopez Hernandez
Director Tecnico de bgSEC

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Monitoring software question
    ... tells port and protocol connected to and what local pc did ... bgSEC Seguridad y Consultoria de Sistemas Informaticos ... The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, ... the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Re: simple question about ip_forward and NAT routing.
    ... can access the internet. ... bgSEC Seguridad y Consultoria de Sistemas Informaticos ... The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, ... the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: IDS, IPS and encrypted traffic
    ... Some people have had success using an squid proxy with the certificates ... bgSEC Seguridad y Consultoria de Sistemas Informaticos ... The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, mad to talk, mad to be saved, desirous of everything at the same time, the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn like fabulous yellow Roman candles. ...
    (Focus-IDS)
  • Re: Firewalling?
    ... If you have administrative access to the machine where the port is ... bgSEC Seguridad y Consultoria de Sistemas Informaticos ... The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, ... the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: How to make bootable/live CD of installed OS
    ... Narendra wrote: ... bgSEC Seguridad y Consultoria de Sistemas Informaticos ... The only people for me are the mad ones -- the ones who are mad to live, ... the ones who never yawn or say a commonplace thing, but burn, burn, burn ...
    (comp.os.linux.misc)