Re: Automatic blocking of attackers' IP

From: Arthur Clune (ajc22_at_york.ac.uk)
Date: 09/08/04

    Date: 8 Sep 2004 08:06:34 GMT

    In comp.os.linux.security Walter Schiessberg <nospam.news@arcor.de> wrote:
    : FEEB wrote on 07.09.2004 15:53:

    :> I would like to have the following scenario implemented on my network:
    :>
    : You might want to look at swatch <http://swatch.sourceforge.net/>.

    Be very careful doing this. It provides a very easy way for someone to
    get you to DOS yourself.

    Very few sites do this sort of automatic blocking for this reason. Certainly
    I wouldn't do it on a public access site.

    Arthur

    --
    Arthur Clune  http://www.clune.org
    - Paulina Borsook