Customizing Security

From: Tom Jordan (tjordan36_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 07/02/04

    Date: 2 Jul 2004 14:02:06 -0700

    Hello,

    I was wondering if its possible to have users in a domain to
    authenticate against an external datastore - ie. not active directory.
    The client has a centralized security system that they would like all
    systems and servers to use. This same repository will also provide
    service that need to enforced on the server. If these type of things
    are feasible, I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how we can
    learn more about doing this.

    Also, are there any potential disadvantages to do this?

    Thanks in advance.
    Tom

    • Customizing Security
      ... authenticate against an external datastore - ie. not active directory. ... The client has a centralized security system that they would like all ... systems and servers to use. ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Customizing Security
      ... authenticate against an external datastore - ie. not active directory. ... The client has a centralized security system that they would like all ... systems and servers to use. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
    • Re: Windows 2000 client problems
      ... Wich one is the las one? ... 2000 using active directory might take a little ... longer then the 98 client but not near that long. ... have 9 servers that are running windows 2000 server, with diferent clients, ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
    • Re: Backup AD DC does not authenticate when the primary DC is down
      ... DNS is a requirement for Active Directory. ... resolution available for Active Directory to function correctly. ... Having multiple DNS servers specified, is a best practice and is highly ... advised for both your servers and your client machines. ...
    • Re: IMPACT of (Delegation Control of Group Policy) on Active Direc
      ... GPOs applied on DCs and Servers ... Health of active Directory and DCs since unSYSTEM Engineer is having ... Actually my MAIN CONCERN is that how would delegating control of Group ... Policy to SUPPORT Engineer affect health of active directory?? ...