Customizing Security

From: Tom Jordan (tjordan36_at_hotmail.com)
Date: 07/02/04

    Date: 2 Jul 2004 14:02:06 -0700

    Hello,

    I was wondering if its possible to have users in a domain to
    authenticate against an external datastore - ie. not active directory.
    The client has a centralized security system that they would like all
    systems and servers to use. This same repository will also provide
    service that need to enforced on the server. If these type of things
    are feasible, I would greatly appreciate any suggestions on how we can
    learn more about doing this.

    Also, are there any potential disadvantages to do this?

    Thanks in advance.
    Tom