Re: Port 1026

From: Andrew Keith (andrew_at_jukenworld.com)
Date: 06/18/04

    Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2004 17:10:34 +0800

    hacker trying to break in .. or maybe a script kiddie finding for a soft
    spot .

    block that port , kill the offending program (if there is one opening that
    port)

    from nmap.services.

    cap 1026/tcp LSA-or-nterm nterm # calender access protocol, nterm
    remote_login network_terminal, remote_login network_terminal

    Andrew

    "Shadow_7" <wwwshadow7@yaNOhoo.comNULL> wrote in message
    > > Anyone know what this is. I have been getting this from 12.148.162.131
    > > for about a week now. I am using Linux Mandrake 8.1 with kernel 2.4.8
    > > with iptables.
    > >

    > > iplog2|grep UDP
    > > Jun 14 20:12:14 -0700 SRC=12.148.162.131 DST=63.184.1.105 PROTO=UDP
    > > SPT=9092 DPT=1026
    >
    > According to nmaps ports_nmap.txt file:
    >
    > nterm 1026/tcp # nterm, remote_login_network_terminal
    >
    > Shadow_7

    • Re: Port 1026
      ... block that port, kill the offending program (if there is one opening that ... cap 1026/tcp LSA-or-nterm nterm # calender access protocol, ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: Serial communication Threading (Thread is blocking)
      ... i am using this thread for serial communication. ... and i am expecting that in the interval specified in the timer the ... otherwise i want to kill the thread B. ... You cannot reliably kill thread B from thread A. What you must do is use overlapped I/O on the port. ...
      (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
    • Re: killing ethernet connections
      ... > I need to put a piece of hardware between an ethernet hub/router/switch ... > port and a PC that can kill the connection on ...
      (comp.dcom.lans.ethernet)
    • Re: Kill Linux Ports
      ... There is a "Kill" program in DM which works by typing ... KILL P23 to kill the linux process for the pick port 23 in showing my ...
      (comp.databases.pick)
    • Worm in XP that kills updates, etc
      ... seems pretty much impossible to kill it off. ... you have a firewall installed, ... and look at your port settings, ... means the worm can't communicate with its farty breathed ...
      (microsoft.public.scripting.virus.discussion)