Re: IP Tracking

From: Bill Unruh (unruh_at_string.physics.ubc.ca)
Date: 06/09/04

Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 22:07:54 +0000 (UTC)

Dimitri <pete_me_a@hotmail.com> writes:

]Is it possible to track down a specific machine in an internet caffe or
]univesity using an IP address? I am basically trying work out which
]Internet caffe someone is using to send emails to my account. Using the
]WHOis database I am only able to trace that its a hotmail registered IP,
]nothing much is available. Is there any other way I can pin it down to a
] machine?

If it is not in the header files of the message, then no (Look at the

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Ip Tracking (email Tracking)
    ... >univesity using an IP address? ... >Internet caffe someone is using to send emails to my account. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Re: Ip Tracking Email
    ... > univesity using an IP address? ... > Internet caffe someone is using to send emails to my account. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.security)
  • Re: IP Tracking
    ... > univesity using an IP address? ... > Internet caffe someone is using to send emails to my account. ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: IP Tracking
    ... > univesity using an IP address? ... > Internet caffe someone is using to send emails to my account. ... > WHOis database I am only able to trace that its a hotmail registered IP, ... the full headers of that message, ...
    (comp.security.unix)