Re: Common Unix Security Risks - Your help please!

From: Bodo Eggert (7eggert_at_fsmtpd.7eggert.dyndns.org)
Date: 06/08/04

Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 20:35:44 +0200

Ben Watkins <b.u.watkins@gmx.co.uk> wrote:

> What, in your minds, are the most common (top five) and potentially
> most exploitable security risks that you see in Unix/Linux
> deployments?

(L)Users (and their passwords).

--
"Just because you are paranoid, it does'nt mean they are not after you."
        -- K.Cobain

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Question on keeping Fedora 7 secure while connected to Internet
    ... other two normally logs in from. ... Username and passwords in the clear - my, my, my. ... I do have the firewall running but I'm not sure I have it configured ... Pretty paranoid, but not paranoid enough for one-time passwords. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: [opensuse] Thunderbird password nuisance.
    (SuSE)
  • Re: SMTP Username/Password storage
    ... I agree that a file with plain text passwords is not a good solution. ... On 17 Set, 12:31, Kaitzschu ... the paranoid people type to sleep peacefully at night. ... do not read protect their files from the ...
    (comp.lang.tcl)
  • RE: w2k server compromised
    ... Because I am always paranoid: ... All of your usernames & passwords have been captured ... users/computers lists. ...
    (Focus-Microsoft)
  • Re: Who helps me to test my card game software?
    ... I think the program can run under Windows, not Unix/Linux. ... I think both Richard and Phil are well aware of this. ... You all think I'm paranoid, ...
    (rec.puzzles)