Re: fighting fire with fire as an approach to better network security?!?!?

From: Ford Prefect (restaurant_at_end.universe)
Date: 03/07/04

    Date: Sun, 07 Mar 2004 21:39:50 GMT

    technocrat wrote:
    > I don't want to influence a discussion on way or the other, but this
    > is a really interesting approach to network security. So, check out…
    >
    > http://www.symbiot.com
    >
    > Basically, a company in Austin, Texas is claiming that at the end of
    > the month they will launch a product that: "can both repel hostile
    > attacks on enterprise networks and accurately identify the attackers
    > in order to plan and execute appropriate countermeasures –
    > effectively fighting fire with fire."
    >
    > The press release is interesting, but the white paper is a little bit
    > of a rough read. The website only has these two items for download so
    > there isn't a ton of detail. However, it's worth checking out...

    Interesting set of "qualifications" for the "executive" team....

    "serial entrepreneur"? "IBM Master Inventor"?
    ..what kind of trendy, meaningless dot-bomb era titles are those...

    ... love the "certified security expert"... member of HTCIA (so he
    pays his annual dues...) mentions (ISC)2 but doesn't say he has a
    CISSP or SSCP designation... funny that....