Re: SSH without typing password

From: Ettore Aldrovandi (ealdrov_at_math.fsu.edu)
Date: 02/04/04

    Date: 4 Feb 2004 01:40:09 GMT

    In article <bvpg8b$eb8$1@string.physics.ubc.ca>,
    Bill Unruh <unruh@string.physics.ubc.ca> wrote:
    >tron.thomas@verizon.net (Tron Thomas) writes:
    >
    >]I know that it is possible to configure a system using a set of public
    >]and private keys so that a user can access a that system via SSH
    >]without providing a password.
    >
    >]I have tried to setup my Mac OS X system so I can SSH into this way.
    >]No matter what I do it always asks for the password.
    >
    >]What can be causing the system to prompt for the password when the
    >]public/private key pairs are in effect?

    >Wrongly set up ssh daemon.
    >sshd daemon not supporting RSA/DSA password
    >wrongly set up keypair for the user.

    Could also be an ssh.com client talking to the OpenSSH server (or
    the other way around). At any rate, the OP has posted several
    times to different newsgroups, and the question has been answered
    (twice) already in a mac newsgroup.

    --Ettore

    --
    Ettore Aldrovandi
    Department of Mathematics	 http://www.math.fsu.edu/~ealdrov
    Florida State University       	       aldrovandi at math.fsu.edu
    Tallahassee, FL 32306-4510, USA     +1 (850) 644-9717 (FAX: 4053)

    • Re: launching a program through SSH
      ... In comp.os.linux.setup Bill Unruh: ... > ssh to remote computer. ... You cannot get out of ssh. ... DISPLAY/etc it works without any problem. ...
      (comp.os.linux.setup)
    • Re: launching a program through SSH
      ... In comp.os.linux.setup Bill Unruh: ... > ssh to remote computer. ... You cannot get out of ssh. ... #bofh excuse 309: firewall needs cooling ...
      (comp.os.linux.setup)
    • Re: who added the new user pcap?
      ... On 2004-06-14, Bill Unruh wrote: ... > It looks like ssh, sendmail were updated with rpm. ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)