Re: what are the Best Security Conferences to attend

From: Wendel (
Date: 01/16/04

Date: 16 Jan 2004 03:27:41 -0800

The best conference is hard to choose, but it depend what u are
searching, for example:

* Linux/Unix Security
* Windows Security
* New Researchs in security
* Etc...

Basically exist two kinds of conference White Hat (with some gray
hat), or Black Hat (full underground, the best in my opinion :).

Speaking about public conferences i like:

Usenix - Security Symposium, the 12 edition was in august 2003 see:

The next will be 13 etition:

Other good conference is G-CON in mexico ...

The First Edition:

The second Edition:

See who spoken in G-con two:

Finishing, a conference that promess much is the Hackers 2 Hackers
Conference in Latin American (Brazil)... coming soon. :)

Member of Mercenarie's Club (Hacking Scene) ->
Member of Front The Scene (Hacking Group) ->

Daniel Faigin <> wrote in message news:<>...
> On 13 Jan 2004 07:24:18 -0800, (clusterFSCK)
> wrote:
> >What is the collective thought amongst the people of this group on the
> >best one(s) to attend. RSA, Blackhat, The Internet Security
> >Conference (TISC), etc.
> I should also note the various technical/refereed conferences that are
> out there as well:
> Annual Computer Security Applications Conference (ACSAC)
> (December 6-10, Tucson AZ)
> IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy
> (May, Oakland CA)
> ACM Conf. on Computers and Communications Security (CCS)
> (October, Washington DC)
> New Security Paradigms Workshop (NSPW)
> (don't know 2004 date/site yet)
> ACM Symposium on Access Control Models and Techniques (SACMAT)
> (Yorktown Hts, NY, June)
> Ob. Disclaimer: I'm the current conference chair of ACSAC, and
> treasurer of ACM/SIGSAC.
> Daniel
> W/H: faigin -at
> Mod., Mail.Liberal-Judaism ( Advisor, s.c.j.Parenting
> Maintainer, S.C.J FAQ/RL ( Daddy to Erin Shoshana
> Maintainer, Calif. Highways List (
> Webmaven, Temple Beth Torah of Granada Hills (

Relevant Pages