Re: what are the Best Security Conferences to attend

From: Wendel (wendel_at_hadrion.com.br)
Date: 01/16/04

Date: 16 Jan 2004 03:27:41 -0800

Hi,

The best conference is hard to choose, but it depend what u are
searching, for example:

* Linux/Unix Security
* Windows Security
* New Researchs in security
* Etc...

Basically exist two kinds of conference White Hat (with some gray
hat), or Black Hat (full underground, the best in my opinion :).

Speaking about public conferences i like:

Usenix - Security Symposium, the 12 edition was in august 2003 see:

http://www.usenix.org/publications/library/proceedings/sec03/tech.html

The next will be 13 etition:

http://www.usenix.org/events/sec04/

Other good conference is G-CON in mexico ...

The First Edition:

http://www.g-con.org/eng/

The second Edition:

http://www.two.g-con.org/eng/

See who spoken in G-con two:

http://www.two.g-con.org/eng/?display=10

Finishing, a conference that promess much is the Hackers 2 Hackers
Conference in Latin American (Brazil)... coming soon. :)

Regards.

Member of Mercenarie's Club (Hacking Scene) ->
http://cdm.frontthescene.com.br
Member of Front The Scene (Hacking Group) ->
http://www.frontthescene.com.br