Re: Port 135 Probes Continue

From: NeoSadist (neosad1st_at_charter.net)
Date: 12/18/03

Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:07:03 -0700

Bit Twister wrote:

> On Wed, 17 Dec 2003 22:53:44 +0100, Ronald van der Westen wrote:
>
>> that wont help if you do not tell your pc what ${IPTABLES} and the other
>> variables mean ....maybe this helps....
>
> Any answer can be right or wrong. The OP did not specify which
> firewall tool he was using to manage his iptables.
> Your answer could be correct until he reboots and the old rules are put
> back in service.

1) Who cares what firewall tool he's using to manage IPTables? Linux people
need to learn IPTables itself, not get some front-end, but that's my
opinion.
2) "Until he reboots and the old rules are put back in service", well that's
his fault for either using a front-end that does that without asking, or
for using the save / restore feature (which I've noticed causing
SuSE/Redhat/Mandrake people problems when they go to edit the settings by
hand)

--
Pascal, n.:
        A programming language named after a man who would turn over in

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Port 135 Probes Continue
    ... > firewall tool he was using to manage his iptables. ... Who cares what firewall tool he's using to manage IPTables? ... need to learn IPTables itself, not get some front-end, but that's my ... "Until he reboots and the old rules are put back in service", ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Port 135 Probes Continue
    ... > firewall tool he was using to manage his iptables. ... Who cares what firewall tool he's using to manage IPTables? ... need to learn IPTables itself, not get some front-end, but that's my ... "Until he reboots and the old rules are put back in service", ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Port 135 Probes Continue
    ... The OP did not specify which ... firewall tool he was using to manage his iptables. ... Your answer could be correct until he reboots and the old rules are put ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Port 135 Probes Continue
    ... The OP did not specify which ... firewall tool he was using to manage his iptables. ... Your answer could be correct until he reboots and the old rules are put ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • Re: Port 135 Probes Continue
    ... The OP did not specify which ... firewall tool he was using to manage his iptables. ... Your answer could be correct until he reboots and the old rules are put ...
    (comp.security.unix)