Re: Encrypting /etc on Linux

From: c0ldbyte (c0ldbyte_at_dahmer.wmlug.net)
Date: 10/22/03

Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2003 16:29:44 -0000

On 2003-10-19, Huge <huge@ukmisc.org.uk> wrote:
> HK <> writes:
>>On 18 Oct 2003 17:12:20 -0400, David Magda
>><dmagda+trace031014@ee.ryerson.ca> wrote:
>>
>>>Colin McKinnon <colin.thisisnotmysurname@ntlworld.deletemeunlessURaBot.com> writes:
>>>[...]
>>>
>>>Perhaps the OP could enlighten us on what the issue is that he's
>>>trying to secure against.
>>
>>Im trying to prevent users with physical access to my machine
>
> So lock the machine in a cupboard.

Dont allow access to the CDROM or Floppy drives and yes as he said
put the computer into a box of some sort that doesnt allow access to it.

--
        This e-mail may be privileged and/or confidential, and the sender
does not waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Help diagnosing a lockup
    ... Same problem, X seems to lock ... > up, (dont have another machine to remote into with) the pointer moves, ... >>Sadly I can't do a remote login here, this PC is not on a network. ... graphics controller, ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Crypted Disk Question
    ... > keyboard or log the emissions from it, thus capturing the password. ... is fear about someone else with physical access to ... If the password is in my head, a court ... equivalent of a lock and key... ...
    (freebsd-hackers)
  • RE: Disable other field in form
    ... if you know VB syntax (I dont) then you could loop through the controls ... > select name first then unlock other 4 fields. ... > screen and lock it. ...
    (microsoft.public.access.forms)
  • Re: security for a home system
    ... useless since physical access to the box means that they can get root ... You can make that tricky with a Master lock using the lock loop on the case ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Help diagnosing a lockup
    ... Same problem, X seems to lock ... up, (dont have another machine to remote into with) the pointer moves, ... > Sadly I can't do a remote login here, this PC is not on a network. ... > problem running windows since I bought it, and it has been about 2 ...
    (Fedora)