Nmap progress

From: Bob Marcan (bob_at_interstudio.homeunix.net)
Date: 10/19/03

    Date: Sun, 19 Oct 2003 14:12:52 +0200

    Has anybody proposed or is there a way to measure the progress of a
    TCP/UDP scan that nmap is doing (from the same host where it's being
    executed from?). With TCP "connect" attempts I can see approximately
    what is going on with netstat. But with UDP and TCP-SYN scanning,
    since they are not stateful they don't show up when using netstat.

    My reasoning for this question is that different hosts respond
    differently to UDP scans due to protocol stack implementation and if a
    particular host is REALLY slow at responding to UDP or TCP/SYN
    scanning I dont want to wait 3 days for it to finish..

    thanks for any responses and please excuse my ignorance if there is an
    obvious solution:)

    -Doug

    James Riden <j.riden@massey.ac.nz> wrote in message

    >> Quick and dirty - in another xterm, "tcpdump src <your IP address>" ?

    Also, using dst instead of src works better, especially if you are
    doing other things like SSH or web surfing during the scan.

    thanks for the help!

    -Doug

    • Nmap progress
      ... TCP/UDP scan that nmap is doing (from the same host where it's being ... But with UDP and TCP-SYN scanning, ... particular host is REALLY slow at responding to UDP or TCP/SYN ...
      (comp.security.unix)
    • Re: Nmap progress
      ... But with UDP and TCP-SYN scanning, ... > since they are not stateful they don't show up when using netstat. ... > particular host is REALLY slow at responding to UDP or TCP/SYN ...
      (comp.security.unix)
    • Re: UDP block via Simulink
      ... I've successfully connect this two IP through Simulink via UDP block between two real-time target system (one is HOST and another one is CLIENT) ... UDP Receive from 193.63.131.220, port 4003. ...
      (comp.soft-sys.matlab)
    • Re: Socket Error?
      ... > I wrote a few lines of code to send a UDP packet to a remote machine. ... > remote IP or port. ... host is unreachable. ...
      (microsoft.public.dotnet.framework)
    • "active" IP address
      ... Each running application then try to connect to the UDP sender. ... remote applications will get from the socket accepted for connection. ... The problem is, on local host, how do I know that I should add the third ...