Re: Find command questions

From: all mail refused (elvis_at_notatla.org.uk)
Date: 10/16/03

    Date: 15 Oct 2003 22:22:57 GMT

    In article <Kljjb.2072$7a4.1056@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net>,
    Sherman H. wrote:

    >Is there any security risk to have files with world writable rights?

    Only if somebody might read (or execute) the files.

    If you were certain of never wanting the data again why did you
    save it to disk ? Or maybe you've got a really good plan for
    explaining how your files were mysteriously filled with death threats
    against the president or your machine reconfigured to send spam.

    The scope of "world writable" depends on who has access to the machine.
    So long as you are the only user there's no direct harm in it but no
    benefit either. I cast my vote for the learning of good habits anyway
    so check out umask and chmod.

    --
    I was less than impressed when one of my staff last year suggested
    tunneling ftp through ssh. -- Evpuneq Erivf

    • Re: email names
      ... I am not really sure what you are wanting to do, but if it is to execute a ... mailmerge can only handle one email address per record. ... Doug Robbins - Word MVP ...
      (microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields)
    • Re: Microsoft Live!s Bird Eye Images - Boston, MA Big Dig construction
      ... I'm totally surprised that they have birds eye imagery of the ... I've been wanting stuff like this forever. ... Sherman L. Cahal wrote: ...
      (misc.transport.road)
    • Re: Time function
      ... I'm wanting to do a btm which doesn't execute a command until a given time. ...
      (comp.os.msdos.4dos)