Re: How will i block this kind of request

From: Hans (nomailwanted_at_ikaze.is-a-geek.org)
Date: 09/10/03

    Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 00:00:20 +0200

    Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

    >>>64.140.34.130 - - [04/Sep/2003:16:51:28 -0400] "GET
    >>>/default.ida?XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    >

    > Hans> Setup a redirect to microsoft.com for those idiots. Could be done both
    > Hans> in Apache or with a 404 page. Another option is to build a script that mails
    > Hans> the abuser.
    >
    > Redirects won't be followed.

    Hmm, didn't knew about this.

    > Either drop the connection as quick as you can (some firewall filters
    > can do this even before your webserver sees it), or if you have the
    > resources, respond as-slow-as-m-o-l-a-s-s-e-s, so that you can keep
    > the next guy from getting tied up.

    Currently I'm thinking about blocking those ipnumbers at least for the
    mailserver.
    People that are infected are imho a target for other worms that might
    install open
    proxies.

    Regards,

    Hans

    • Re: How will i block this kind of request
      ... Hans> Setup a redirect to microsoft.com for those idiots. ... Hans> in Apache or with a 404 page. ...
      (comp.security.unix)
    • Re: .ASPX page hit twice if Custom Error page in IIS
      ... Thanks Hans, I had thought of trying something similar. ... not have to rely on a 'second' redirect from say a standard ASP page ... unless thats the only option. ...
    • Re: .ASPX page hit twice if Custom Error page in IIS
      ... Thanks Hans, I had thought of trying something similar. ... not have to rely on a 'second' redirect from say a standard ASP page ... unless thats the only option. ...
    • Re: So.....
      ... Yuck I dont like beer! ... Do you REALLY know Hans? ... I dont have wings I cant fly! ... but he can fly an apache. ...
      (alt.2600)