set-UID

From: eŽik (et57__DELETE__THIS___at_hotmail.com)
Date: 09/08/03

    Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2003 22:45:11 +0200

    What is a set-UID progam and why is it baaaaad from a security
    standpoint ?

    frgr
    Erik

    • Re: VLAN Segmentation for High Availability (was: HSRP on multilayer switches)
      ... Subject AKA "Is this stupid from a security standpoint"? ... The colored lines indicate vlan separation. ... We like to control access as much as we can at the firewalls. ...
      (comp.dcom.sys.cisco)
    • Re: Trusting external domain
      ... I think that many professionals will tell you that, from a security ... standpoint, you should not have a copy of your internal DNS sitting on a DMZ ...
    • Re: how can I test the security of my Linux box ?
      ... >Have a look at Kurt Seifreid's Linux Administrator's Security Guide ... I did indeed run grc on my machines, and it seemed to be ok... ...
      (comp.os.linux.security)
    • Re: www-data user
      ... and are my systems misconfigured from a security ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@lists.debian.org ...
      (Debian-User)
    • Re: NAT Secure?
      ... From another standpoint, NAT also leads to complacency. ... I'll admit that I dont have all the latest security patches installed on ... firewall will be penetrated. ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)