Re: Methods of License Enforcement

From: Dimitri Maziuk (dima_at_127.0.0.1)
Date: 07/15/03

Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 00:53:06 +0000 (UTC)

Spam Bait sez:
> Hi all.
> I'm not sure whether this is the most appropriate newsgroup, but anyway...
> We've been asked by a client to develop a method of license enforcement
> for some software they've developed and intend to sell. Their software
> is an Access app ( yeah I know ... not particularly secure, but they are
> the customer ) but we intend to build some OCX objects, maybe in Perl,
> and re-use parts of it in later projects in Linux.

Right. Yes. OCX in Perl on Linux. What'll they think of next?

...the mainstream products of major vendors largely ignore these demonstrated
technologies...  [Instead, their customers] are left with several ineffective
solutions collected under marketing titles like "defense in depth".
             -- Thirty Years Later: Lessons from the Multics Security Evalution