ANY EXPERIENCE WITH WebRamp 700s?

From: Calvin Lane (clane_at_nubiandirections.org)
Date: 05/21/03

    Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 22:00:11 GMT

     I'm setting up a VPN connection into my network. I have dynamically
    assigned IP address from my cable ISP service. I was able to secure a
    domain name from one of the DNS services on the internet that allows you to
    map a dynamically assigned IP to a fully-qualified domain name. Currently,
    I'm unable to access the inside of my network from the outside through the
    WebRamp 700s. I noticed that when I change to Standard mode, I can use LAN
    IN and allow certain specific ports into my network. When I switch to
    either NAT or NAT with DHCP, my LAN IN option goes away. I need the NAT
    obviously to translate from the 192.168.x.x IP addresses to the legal ones
    on the other side. How do I set up the WebRamp to allow certain
    ports/protocols into my network, while at the same time NAT'ing my IPs to
    legal routable ones? Thanks.

    clane@nubiandirections.org

    • Re: Firewall Questions
      ... No firewall. ... > sketch their idea of what they saw as a new network plan. ... > They want this firewall to be in NAT mode where everything in the LAN ...
      (comp.security.firewalls)
    • Re: 56k dial up on laptop 802.11G ?
      ... are you now a believer that I can control outgoing traffic without ... >>the definition of a network firewall. ... > that NAT is a real firewall because it functions to protect the LAN ...
      (alt.internet.wireless)
    • Re: 3 Nics - Dual (Tripe) Homed Host
      ... >>LAN with access to the Internet. ... >it would have on the NAT from the 192.168.1.0/24 network. ... two machines on the 10.0.0.0 network that needed to access machines on the ...
      (freebsd-questions)
    • Re: Strange VPN problem (was: Two servers, one VPN)
      ... If the VPN server is not behind a NAT, ... levels to keep out the riffraff, but every machine on this network is known ... tell RRAS that one of them is the Internet and the other is the LAN. ...
      (microsoft.public.win2000.ras_routing)