Re: want to put msg when user is denied login

From: Barry Margolin (barry.margolin_at_level3.com)
Date: 05/02/03

Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 20:11:37 GMT

In article <WaAsa.5299$NC4.26270@news1.mts.net>,
LHradowy <laura.hradowy@NOSPAM.mts.ca> wrote:
>Right now we have telnet running on a Sun Solaris 2.7 server. I want to turn
>telnet off, and ssh on.
>
>I also want to have a message pop back when the person tries to log in using
>telnet, telling them that it is disabled for security reasons.
>
>Where do I do that...

Write a simple script that prints the message you want. Then change
/etc/inetd.conf to run that script instead of telnetd for the telnet
service.

--
Barry Margolin, barry.margolin@level3.com
Genuity Managed Services, a Level(3) Company, Woburn, MA

  • Re: A few questions, if somebody could please assist -ive been doing my head in to get my vba pr
    ... Dim c As String, wdth As Double ... as for telnet, I would look for a telnet program that can be scripted. ... spreadsheet the userform i have made runs from. ... script files like the ftp does and any telnt code i have seen has lost me ...
    (microsoft.public.excel.programming)
  • SOLUTION: Keeping Telnet Session Open
    ... After more tinkering with my expect script, ... > Thanks to several people for responding. ... > see the telnet running in the psoutput. ... > the other end is accepting the connection. ...
    (SunManagers)
  • Really weird expect problem
    ... I'm working on a legacy expect script. ... At first glance it would seem that the shell is in echo or verbose mode, ... is operating telnet from a Windows 2000 machine. ... I've looked for strange environment variables. ...
    (comp.unix.programmer)
  • Re: Script for telnet server to communicate with J2EE application
    ... Is there any way that this script automatically get invoked as the ... Telnet Client login to Server? ... As you were asking about using telnet client classes to allow your Java application to talk to a telnet server, I was assuming you'd want to use something like the following to login, send one barcode to the telnet server and logout again: ...
    (comp.lang.java.programmer)
  • Re: eventdblclick call to local file, publishing visio 2k3 on web
    ... The script calls telnet using the ip address that is stored in the shape. ... a shell script and call it as a macro. ... Dim visShapes As Visio.Shapes ...
    (microsoft.public.visio.developer)