Re: telnet replacement - not ssh?

From: Jeff Makey (jeff@sdsc.edu)
Date: 01/09/03

From: jeff@sdsc.edu (Jeff Makey)
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 18:18:15 +0000 (UTC)

In article <6pudnW0zusHrq4GjXTWcow@news.io.com>,
Kirt "Loki" Dankmyer <xiombarg@fnord.io.com> wrote:
>I need a telnet replacement that prevents hackers from snooping
>passwords but allowd me to give back-door acces to our security group, so
>they can confirm I'm not sending DURTEE PEECTURES or steamy emails.

Use telnet to connect to an internal host provided by the "security"
group, and ssh from there out through the firewall.

                             :: Jeff Makey
                                jeff@sdsc.edu

Department of Tautological Pleonasms and Superfluous Redundancies Department

Relevant Pages

  • Re: telnet replacement - not ssh?
    ... >I need a telnet replacement that prevents hackers from snooping ... >passwords but allowd me to give back-door acces to our security group, ... Department of Tautological Pleonasms and Superfluous Redundancies Department ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: telnet replacement - not ssh?
    ... >I need a telnet replacement that prevents hackers from snooping ... >passwords but allowd me to give back-door acces to our security group, ... Department of Tautological Pleonasms and Superfluous Redundancies Department ...
    (comp.security.misc)