Re: Researching email security group

From: Adam W. Montville (adam_montville@attbi.com)
Date: 11/17/02

From: "Adam W. Montville" <adam_montville@attbi.com>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2002 23:57:32 GMT

Surprisingly, a Google search for "email security" over the past three
months on microsoft.public.security turns up surprisingly little -- only
5 posts. I'm sure that most of the information concerns spam, virus,
and trojans, but it appears that the list is not very comprehensive when
it comes to e-mail encryption and authentication.

Michel Gallant (MVP) wrote:
> Most of the useful discussion for email on the windows platform is covered
> quite well currently in microsoft.public.security.
> The discussion there is pitched at all levels by folks with quite a lot of
> experience.
>
> - Mitch
>
> "Adam W. Montville" wrote:
>

>>I have been researching the availability of e-mail security information
>>on the newsgroups and have found that it does exist. However, the
>>information is peppered over several newsgroups of varying technical
>>depth. Typically the discussions are too technical for the "common"
>>end-user.
>

> - snip

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Researching email security group
    ... a Google search for "email security" over the past three ... posts. ... >>I have been researching the availability of e-mail security information ... >>on the newsgroups and have found that it does exist. ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: Researching email security group
    ... a Google search for "email security" over the past three ... posts. ... >>I have been researching the availability of e-mail security information ... >>on the newsgroups and have found that it does exist. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)