Re: rsh --Invalid ID

From: Bill Marcum (bmarcum@iglou.com)
Date: 11/13/02

From: Bill Marcum <bmarcum@iglou.com>
Date: 13 Nov 2002 11:52:38 -0500

On Wed, 13 Nov 2002 10:14:13 -0600,
  laura Hradowy <laura.hradowy@NOSPAM.mts.mb.ca> wrote:

> I have my host name in the .rhosts file of root, as well as in the
> hosts.equiv file.
> I am following by who set the server up to begin with, all they have
> stipulated was the hosts names in these files, and not and usernames, so I
> should have no problems logining into the machine....

Are you trying to rsh as root? That probably isn't allowed for security
reasons.

Relevant Pages

  • User Mode Linux = Network Problem
    ... For UML, root filesystem is Debian 3.0, ip adress 192.168.1.101, ... On the host: ... Initializing software serial port version 1 ... Configuring network interfaces: done. ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • User Mode Linux = Network Failed !
    ... For UML, root filesystem is Debian 3.0, ip adress 192.168.1.101, ... On the host: ... Initializing software serial port version 1 ... Configuring network interfaces: done. ...
    (comp.os.linux.development.system)
  • Exim4 behaviour when long term failure of outgoing address
    ... I am using Debian Squeeze on a virtual machine that I lease. ... It has exim4 version as its mail server. ... retry time not reached for any host after a long failure period ... Because there are no particular e-mail accounts on this machine, I have an /etc/aliases file which aliases all the standard addresses to root and then aliases root to one of my normal e-mail addresses. ...
    (Debian-User)
  • Re: Anglo-Saxon Plant-Name Survey
    ... find a host they quickly die; if they do find a host ... Whether they used the 'root' may be a matter of definition: ... See e.g. this real Broomrape http://tinyurl.com/ndooo ... how about the ground seeds and we are ...
    (soc.history.medieval)
  • RE: Cant reboot after update
    ... Kernel panic-not syncing: VFS: unable to mount root fs on ... server in our server room just after I started a normal reboot, ... etch host running on a Dell PowerEdge 2450 server. ... To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-REQUEST@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx ...
    (Debian-User)