Re: blocking email domains

From: those who know me have no need of my name (not-a-real-address@usa.net)
Date: 11/09/02

From: those who know me have no need of my name <not-a-real-address@usa.net>
Date: 09 Nov 2002 12:39:16 GMT

in comp.security.unix i read:

>I am using Sendmail 8.11 on RH7.3 as my Email Gateway to forward incoming
>emails to the Exchange server.
>How can I block domains that I don't want to receive emails from in
>Sendmail?

and your security question is ... what?

read the documentation. post to comp.mail.sendmail, but read their faq
first.

  • Re: Question about DeliveryMode
    ... option for sendmail, specifically the defer option. ... an entry in the virtusertable to deliver any emails to mydomain.com to ... When I run sendmal in background or queue mode any email I attempt to ...
    (comp.mail.sendmail)
  • Re: blocking email domains
    ... > emails to the Exchange server. ... > How can I block domains that I don't want to receive emails from in ... Sendmail has a capability to control access. ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)
  • using libmilter, milter-spamc and spamassasin
    ... My intension is to get spamassasin to process ALL the emails that pass ... I have sendmail working fine, a large virtusertable working fine, aliases ... virtusertable forwarding. ... does the Milter API process emails before or after ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Mail server
    ... > experience in handling mail servers. ... The sendmail setup should be the same for fedora or Centos. ... > emails) and I created a sub.thisbox.com in the local domains list. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Poor peoples OS?
    ... >> It damn well affects me, I've received hundreds of the viral emails ... > installed this on several customers' Linux, Solaris and HP-UX mail server ... The filters can be layered on *top* of sendmail, through procmail, ... Some of the Bayesian filters, like "CRM114", are very good but are CPU pigs. ...
    (linux.redhat)