Re: secure UNIX log server

From: mack23 (mack23@enteract.com)
Date: 05/30/02

From: mack23@enteract.com (mack23 )
Date: 30 May 2002 14:05:45 GMT

In article <a969f45a.0205291329.6af0256a@posting.google.com>,
fanny <fannysaunders@yahoo.com> wrote:
>to be useful. I keep pushing for tripwire but not yet succesfully.
>I'm interested in hearing about other peoples experiences defining
>auditing policies. Regards.

Your auditors need to be educated regarding the costs of all the manual
Mickey Mouse that they apparently have no problem with vs. the cost of
automating much of it via Tripwire. My suggestion would be to make your
case for Tripwire in terms they can understand (to wit: $$), rather than
in terms which technical folks might prefer (right tool for the job, etc).

Chris

Relevant Pages

  • Re: secure UNIX log server
    ... I keep pushing for tripwire but not yet succesfully. ... Regards. ... Your auditors need to be educated regarding the costs of all the manual ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: how tripwire is deployed?
    ... would TRIPWIRE be deployed on the gateway to the server ... farmor/and individual servers hosting Finance, Merge & Acquistion data, ... Regards, ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Re: tripwire not in FC1?
    ... Subject: tripwire not in FC1? ... >> Regards, Mike Klinke ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: ?hack cause?
    ... > Even if you don't run tripwire you can do a basic tripwite ... tripwire is a wonderful thing, but if the budget doesn't allow (tripwire ... Regards, ...
    (Focus-SUN)