my own passwords file

From: douglass davis (douglass_davis@earthlink.net)
Date: 06/25/02

From: douglass davis <douglass_davis@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 23:16:35 GMT

I would like to make a UNIX program which uses a password file of my own
creation (not realated to the /etc passwords file). The catch is that
it must be accessable/modifiable from many different hosts. All of the
hosts are within the same company. But, the hosts may be at many
different company sites.

I am trying to think of a scheme to handle this. Could any one think of
some hints to give me? The main problem is how to modify the file from
many different places. Also, are there any hints on any system calls
etc. that may be helpful to me?

btw: my real email address doesn't have any Zs in it.

-d

Relevant Pages

  • Re: my own passwords file
    ... > I would like to make a UNIX program which uses a password file of my own ... > it must be accessable/modifiable from many different hosts. ... > different company sites. ... are there any hints on any system calls ...
    (comp.security.unix)