Password expiry

From: Lasse Saine (lasse.saine@nokia.com)
Date: 06/13/02

From: Lasse Saine <lasse.saine@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2002 12:26:27 GMT

Hi there,

What would be the best way to implement password expiry to normal unix
(especially HP-UX) users?

Command "passwd" provides 'maximum number of days a password can remain
unchanged' and 'minimum number of days that must transpire before the
user
can change the password'.
This is good (I think), but I was wondering is there any other ways to
implement password expiry (like tricks, freeware or not-freeware).

Cheers,
Lasse

Relevant Pages

  • Passwd expiry
    ... What would be the best way to implement password expiry to normal unix ... (especially HP-UX) ... Command "passwd" provides 'maximum number of days a password can remain ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Passwd expiry
    ... What would be the best way to implement password expiry to normal unix ... (especially HP-UX) ... Command "passwd" provides 'maximum number of days a password can remain ...
    (comp.security.misc)
  • Password expiry
    ... What would be the best way to implement password expiry to normal unix ... (especially HP-UX) ... Command "passwd" provides 'maximum number of days a password can remain ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Password Expiry
    ... I am trying to turn off password expiry on a server running Solaris 8. ... passwd -as shows the aging is turned off. ... However after a period aging seems to get ...
    (SunManagers)