Re: NAT - Network Address Translation

From: Bernd Eckenfels (ecki-news2002-06@lina.inka.de)
Date: 06/12/02

From: Bernd Eckenfels <ecki-news2002-06@lina.inka.de>
Date: 12 Jun 2002 21:19:21 GMT

Barry Margolin <barmar@genuity.net> wrote:
>>Port forwarding is not done in the routing table but with an daemon or a
>>special kernel setting. in linux it is done with ipchains or netfilter.

> What are you talking about? Most NAT routers *do* support port forwarding.

Read it again.

Greetings
Bernd

Relevant Pages

  • Re: NAT - Network Address Translation
    ... >>special kernel setting. ... in linux it is done with ipchains or netfilter. ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: NAT - Network Address Translation
    ... in linux it is done with ipchains or netfilter. ... Most NAT routers *do* support port forwarding. ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: NAT - Network Address Translation
    ... in linux it is done with ipchains or netfilter. ... Most NAT routers *do* support port forwarding. ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Google Summer of Code 2009: Student applies to optimize netfilter
    ... So I need a kernel developer who does the mentoring of this student, preferably from the area of netfilter. ... It would be also nice to know perhaps if he should better also apply at other mentoring organizations and at which once to find a mentor more easily. ... To contact him directly you need to apply as a mentor on http://socghop.appspot.com/ and select the Linux Foundation as the mentoring organization. ... I have also taken courses related to synthesis, optimization and computer networking in my Masters program. ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: Linux box as firewall
    ... IpChains is a Firewall which is very comfortable and secure, ... you can use Ipchains to deny "3v1l" packets, which may cause some harm, to ... > with Linux but not for the last 4/5 years so I'm a bit out of touch. ...
    (Security-Basics)