Re: Tripwire Manager - what is it good for?

From: Chopper (no.spam@for.me)
Date: 05/02/02

    From: Chopper <no.spam@for.me>
    Date: Thu, 02 May 2002 01:43:41 GMT

    Thanks Juha for the great advice - I will do my best to get some time!!

    I was a bit sceptical re the manager too - but I just don't have the
    experience - thanks for your opinion.

    Chop

    Juha Laiho <Juha.Laiho@iki.fi> wrote in

    > Chopper <none@nospamthanks.com> said:
    >>We're looking to deploy tripwire across two rs6000s - as you do. The
    >>nice salesman says because we are deploying on more than one host we
    >>could use tripwire manager. I don't know jack about Tripwire manger
    >>or in fact tripwire! Has any nice person used the manager / recommend
    >>the manager / unrecommend the manager / have any opinions about the
    >>manager / etc!! It would be a great help. Maybe there's some
    >>(unbiased would be ideal) resources you could point me to??
    >
    > Ok; learn about tripwire first. For example, run the freely
    > distributed version on one of your machines first, and learn to read
    > the reports, learn to configure the thing.
    >
    > About the manager; I honestly don't believe it'd pay off with just two
    > machines. With twenty, perhaps -- but then, I don't know the pricing.

    Relevant Pages

    • Re: Tripwire Manager - what is it good for?
      ... >We're looking to deploy tripwire across two rs6000s - as you do. ... Has any nice person used the manager / recommend the manager / ... Ok; learn about tripwire first. ... version on one of your machines first, and learn to read the reports, ...
      (comp.security.unix)
    • Tripwire Manager - what is it good for?
      ... We're looking to deploy tripwire across two rs6000s - as you do. ... salesman says because we are deploying on more than one host we could use ... Has any nice person used the manager / recommend the manager / ...
      (comp.security.unix)