Re: Crashing Unix

From: Toby Thain (toby@telegraphics.com.au)
Date: 03/24/02

From: Toby Thain <toby@telegraphics.com.au>
Date: Sun, 24 Mar 2002 07:27:45 GMT

Luke Vogel wrote:
> Nick wrote:
>
>>I'm just trying to increase my understanding of it
>

> Do you have root? If so,
>
> rm -fr /

This wouldn't crash most systems I've used. Might make it a bit less
useful, but it'll still be alive.

Toby

> should just about do it. :)

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Crashing Unix
    ... Nick wrote: ... > I'm just trying to increase my understanding of it ... Do you have root? ... Remove NOSPAM from my return address if necessary ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: Crashing Unix
    ... Luke Vogel wrote: ... > Nick wrote: ... >> I'm just trying to increase my understanding of it ... Of course you would have to be root... ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: Good and bad proofs of the Fundamental Theorem of Algebra
    ... Theorem of Algebra, it's not a good proof to show that it follows from ... That's where a root is. ... be done in a proof which conveys understanding. ... Herman Rubin, Department of Statistics, Purdue University ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Binary upgrade available
    ... > This took me a while to figure out, but my understanding is this: ... > The parent sshd process, ... I checked with lsof while an ssh session was in progress, ... There also are no processes owned by "sshd", only by root (marked ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: IIS 6 and Installing SSL cert Please help