Re: Crashing Unix

From: Luke Vogel (luke@bell-bird.com.au)
Date: 03/15/02

From: Luke Vogel <luke@bell-bird.com.au>
Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2002 07:46:09 +1000

Nick wrote:

> I'm just trying to increase my understanding of it

Do you have root? If so,

rm -fr /

should just about do it. :)

--
Regards
Luke

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Crashing Unix
    ... Luke Vogel wrote: ... > Nick wrote: ... >>I'm just trying to increase my understanding of it ... > Do you have root? ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: Crashing Unix
    ... Luke Vogel wrote: ... > Nick wrote: ... >> I'm just trying to increase my understanding of it ... Of course you would have to be root... ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: Good and bad proofs of the Fundamental Theorem of Algebra
    ... Theorem of Algebra, it's not a good proof to show that it follows from ... That's where a root is. ... be done in a proof which conveys understanding. ... Herman Rubin, Department of Statistics, Purdue University ...
    (sci.math)
  • Re: Binary upgrade available
    ... > This took me a while to figure out, but my understanding is this: ... > The parent sshd process, ... I checked with lsof while an ssh session was in progress, ... There also are no processes owned by "sshd", only by root (marked ...
    (FreeBSD-Security)
  • Re: IIS 6 and Installing SSL cert Please help