Password Locking

From: vijay kumar (t_vijaykumar@yahoo.com)
Date: 01/15/02

From: t_vijaykumar@yahoo.com (vijay kumar)
Date: 15 Jan 2002 12:10:58 -0800

Hello,

Is it possible to Lock a User's Login after a x Number of failed Login
attempts and again unlock it after a specified time period without SA
intervention. This feature is in NT ( an account gets locked for 15
minutes due to failed login attempts )

Thanks in Advance

-Vijay

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Password Locking
    ... >Is it possible to Lock a User's Login after a x Number of failed Login ... >attempts and again unlock it after a specified time period without SA ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: Password Locking
    ... > Is it possible to Lock a User's Login after a x Number of failed Login ... > attempts and again unlock it after a specified time period without SA ... I am using Solaris 8 and 2.6 ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • [SLE] difficulties with pam_tally
    ... I'm trying to get pam_tally to lock out Usermin connections. ... using pam_tally 0.1 with pam 0.77 on SuSE Linux 9.2. ... updated at each failed login attempt but does not get reset on success. ...
    (SuSE)
  • Re: Locking the failed login attemp
    ... > Is there anyway to lock a user account after, say 3, failed login attempts? ... > what the customer wants. ... lock them all out. ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)
  • Re: failed login attempts...
    ... Did the OP want to lock out accounts that failed login after 3 times? ... The closest I can think of this behavior (at a telnet session or any ... DeeDee, don't press that button! ...
    (comp.unix.solaris)