UCB project: Passwords based on Image Recognition

From: gaius.petronius (rut@linuxmail.org)
Date: 12/28/01

From: rut@linuxmail.org (gaius.petronius)
Date: 27 Dec 2001 17:07:57 -0800

today's NY Times had an article on passwords
it was the usual uninteresting NY Times bull[expletive deleted] and a
waste of everyone's time

except it carried an image with the clip

"EASIER TO REMEMBER - A research project at the University of
California at Berkeley required participants to select a series of
images as a password."

Does anyone know anything about this project or the theory behind
users choosing images as passwords?

Relevant Pages

  • Re: Posting stats
    ... view one of the images in it, ... Personally, I find it more convenient to use folders to categorise> photos, ... I think my new iPad doesn't really like file names that are not> three ... passwords etc along with their wills. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: Posting stats
    ... view one of the images in it, ... Personally, I find it more convenient to use folders to categorise> photos, ... I think my new iPad doesn't really like file names that are not> three ... passwords etc along with their wills. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: Posting stats
    ... view one of the images in it, ... Personally, I find it more convenient to use folders to categorise> photos, ... I think my new iPad doesn't really like file names that are not> three ... passwords etc along with their wills. ...
    (uk.media.radio.archers)
  • Re: UCB project: Passwords based on Image Recognition
    ... By using, let's say four, images as password when would probably render the ... This would be helpfull in a large user enviroment since a lot of common ... users tend to use simple passwords which wouldn't be that hard to ...
    (comp.security.unix)
  • Re: Password generators (bit OT)
    ... > different international character-sets and keyboards, ... drawbacks when it comes to creating secure passwords since they also ... Using images would certainly help the user (the brain remembers images ... User Adam is allowed to create a password based on rules set by root. ...
    (Security-Basics)