Re: Read a file with only execute permission?

From: greyfell@zerobyte.org
Date: 12/28/01

From: greyfell@zerobyte.org
Date: Fri, 28 Dec 2001 00:00:58 GMT

On Thu, 27 Dec 2001 23:24:14 GMT, marc@oscar.eng.cv.net (Marc Spitzer)
wrote:

>Actually it is an ethical question, first do you know or just beleive
>it is ok for you to read it? Another thing is even if it is
>harmless the owner wants to keep it private and he is intitled to do
>so. But you want to embaris him so its ok.
>
>You are engaging in immoral and anitsocial behavior and you are too
>ignorant and/or lazy and/or stupid to do your own research so you
>posted to a public forum and then complain about people pointing out
>your lack of ethical/moral behavior.
>
>One last thing this is an unmoderated news group we can discuss what
>ever we want. And in my oppinion ethics does apply to security.

        What a lovely method of discussion you have. Clearly you are a
credit to both your occupation and this group. In the future, when you
feel compelled to needlessly bash someone ad hominem rather than
actually discuss a topic, you might want to run a spell check. While
it amuses me when someone calls me stupid who can spell neither
entitled nor embarrass, I think it detracts from the effectiveness of
your insults.