Re: Anti Virus: Improving the defense strategy through proactiveness...

From: Martin Bishop (martinbishop@ria.net)
Date: 12/16/01

From: "Martin Bishop" <martinbishop@ria.net>
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 10:01:51 -0500

We're all fed up with the current situation. Our AV definitions are updated
frequently. I still don't think that is enough.

I'd even goes as far as to say that there should be some sort of government
"911" number. I'm not trying to get crazy here, but I think that is the type
of defense we need.

Let me be honest, I think it is necessary to this type of notification for
all types of
digital emergencies. We're all sitting on the brink of a possible "Cyber
Pearl Harbor" and many of us will not be ready.

The last thing any of us should do is put the responsibility on anyone else.

Bish