Re: putty client to sshd server (openssh)

oops....
It works fine after I force use of scp protocol by using the "-scp"
option to pscp.

On Mar 10, 10:48 am, niko <mikeawolf...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have a FreeBSD unix server that is running OpenSSH.

I set up some tests to do some simple 'scp' commands from different
client machines, and now I'm testing the ability to restrict access
using the 'command=' option, starting with the most simple commands
like "/bin/echo this is a test"

When I execute an 'scp' or 'ssh' command to the server from my mac OS
X client, it works perfectly fine.

However, when I run a 'putty' or 'pscp' command from a windows 7
client, I get
"Fatal:  Out of memory"
without the 'command=' option, all 'putty' and 'pscp' commands work
perfectly well.
Other restrictive options to the '.ssh/suthorized_keys' file work
fine; e.g. 'no-port-forwarding'.

I tried searching this group to see if this issue has been addressed,
but had no luck.
The only thing I can guess at this point is that somehow 'putty' and
'pscp' act fundamentally different somehow.  For example, 'scp' and
'ssh' run from a mac terminal window runs the commands in this window
entirely, but when I issue 'pscp' and 'putty' commands in a Windows 7
'Command Prompt' window, another window opens where the commands are
actually performed (which is not desirable anyway).

Sorry if this issue has been addressed already and thanks in advance
to anyone who can point me to a resolution.

  • putty client to sshd server (openssh)
    ... I set up some tests to do some simple 'scp' commands from different ... When I execute an 'scp' or 'ssh' command to the server from my mac OS ... X client, it works perfectly fine. ... 'ssh' run from a mac terminal window runs the commands in this window ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: But Microsoft cant help. At least Microsoft India cant.
    ... If you don't usually log an as an administrator, you might need to do so to run remove.bat, otherwise it may not have permission to delete the files. ... quotes) and press Enter. ... After you paste the above commands, please close the Notepad window. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Dont mind if I grouse on some basic topics?? (very long)
    ... An 'event' is the commonality between changes to input devices, and changes to windows NOT arising from the window itself. ... Under a normal piece of C code the compiler runs though the code in a linear fashion, jumping to functions as the code demands but it always completes commands within a set sequence. ... I would like to simply open a window and have the computer draw points, shapes, lines, colors on the screen. ... Be aware, though, that programs that draw often *do* have a callback for expose events and *do* some form of buffering. ...
    (comp.windows.x)
  • Re: Window XP Error Accessing File
    ... I tryed it with several different commands. ... All fields are character type except MACBALL and DESTINY. ... I did notice that in a browse window the bahavior happens if I PageUP or ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Disable auto login of network share?
    ... username and password. ... password are stored until the user logs out or restarts the PC. ... the username and password as soon as the share window is closed? ... Put the following commands into the logon script (or ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)