Bad passphrase with public key authentication

Hey everybody,

I'm having the strangest error using ssh.

I'm setting up my server to use public key authentication.

I'm using my macbook as a client and my ubuntu server for the ssh server.

When at first I didn't succeed to make a connection I tried to connect from my server to my macbook.
Just to make sure I wasn't making any stupid mistakes.

Now when I tried to connect to my server from my macbook I just won't accept the password for my key.

I tried generating and using different keys. I used one without password, one with a simple password 'test'.

And still every time again the ssh server is complaining : "bad passphrase given, try again..." .
I'm 100% sure it isn't my macbook because I use a ssh key pair to logon my remote subversion
server also using a password for the keys.

Could any body help me I'm really desperate at this moment.

This is the sshd_config file from my server :

### Networking options ###
#standard port
Port 22
# Restrict to listen only ipv4 inet = IPv4, inet6 = IPv6 any = both
#AddressFamily inet

# Listen only to this interface
ListenAddress 192.168.1.50

# Only use protocol 2
Protocol 2

# Disable XForwarding
X11Forwarding no

# Disable TCPKeepAlive and use ClientAliveInterval instead to prevent TCP Spoofing attacks
TCPKeepAlive no
ClientAliveInterval 600
ClientAliveCountMax 3

### Networking options ###

### Key Configurations ###

# HostKeys for protocol version 2
HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key
HostKey /etc/ssh/ssh_host_dsa_key

#Privilege Separation is turned on for security
UsePrivilegeSeparation yes

# Use public key authentication
PubkeyAuthentication yes
AuthorizedKeysFile %h/.ssh/authorized_keys2

# Disable black listed key usage (update your keys!)
PermitBlacklistedKeys no

#### Key Configuration ####

#### Authentication ####

# Whitelist allowed users
# AllowUsers user1 user2

# Two minutes to enter your key passphrase
LoginGraceTime 120

# No root login
PermitRootLogin yes

# Force permissions checks on keyfiles and directories
StrictModes yes

# Don't read the user's ~/.rhosts and ~/.shosts files
IgnoreRhosts yes

# similar for protocol version 2
HostbasedAuthentication no

# Don't trust ~/.ssh/known_hosts for RhostsRSAAuthentication
IgnoreUserKnownHosts yes

# To enable empty passwords, change to yes (NOT RECOMMENDED)
PermitEmptyPasswords no

# Disable challenge and response auth. Unessisary when using keys
ChallengeResponseAuthentication yes

# Disable the use of passwords completly, only use public/private keys
PasswordAuthentication yes

# Using keys, no need for PAM. Also allows SSHD to be run as a non-root user
UsePAM no

# Don't use login(1)
UseLogin no

#### Authentication ####

#### Misc ####

# Logging
SyslogFacility AUTH
LogLevel DEBUG3

# Print the last time the user logged in
PrintLastLog yes
PrintMotd yes

MaxAuthTries 4

MaxStartups 10:30:60

# Display login banner
Banner /etc/issue.net

# Allow client to pass locale environment variables
AcceptEnv LANG LC_*

Subsystem sftp /usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kind regards,

Niels Stevens

--- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: news@xxxxxxxxxxxx ---