Re: SSH tunnels woes with Putty
- From: Al <bigal.nz@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 25 Dec 2010 14:56:23 -0800 (PST)
On Dec 26, 10:49 am, Jacob Nevins <jac...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
I REALLY hope someone here can help me. I have been trying to setup a
SSH tunnel so that when I surf the net on my laptop I can SSH into my
Ubuntu box at home and go through that for web page traffic.
Now I tried to connect to Ubuntu@home from laptop running Win7 with:
putty -ssh my.dyndns.org -l username -P 443 -D 8080 -v
and the connection establishes just fine, but when I surf to
whatsmyip.org I get a different WAN IP to my Ubuntu WAN IP.
Thanks - still not working but only with IE8. FF is fine ala:
In that screenshot, in what looks like IE's proxy configuration dialog
(second from the left at the top), you have "Automatically detect
settings" checked. There's a note above that saying "Automatic
configuration may override manual settings. To ensure the use of manual
settings, disable automatic configuration." Could that be the source of
Good spotting Jacob. I had picked up on that myself and have tried it
with and without - no diff.
- Prev by Date: Re: SSH tunnels woes with Putty
- Next by Date: Re: SSH tunnels woes with Putty
- Previous by thread: Re: SSH tunnels woes with Putty
- Next by thread: Re: SSH tunnels woes with Putty