Hang and broken pipe when rebooting over ssh

I'm trying to reboot one box from another, using the following command:

ssh 10.0.0.26 'reboot --force'

I expect this to block for a short while until the other box reboots, then
return. What I see happening is no activity for a while, then if I press a
key, I get "Write failed: Broken pipe".

The reboot of the other box works just as expected, but I'd like to clear
up the output on the local box, ideally without just hiding it all in
/dev/null.

I'm using OpenSSH 5.3p1 on Redhat 6.

Edit: I've foundmy own solution; I'll add this as an answer below. Seems I
can't accept this just yet, though. I guess this is to give others a
chance to come in with a better solution.

Visualizza articolo...
<http://serverfault.com/questions/207353/hang-and-broken-pipe-when-rebooting-over-ssh>

Relevant Pages

  • Re: EWF/DUA help needed
    ... > Your script does not reboot the device because it likely fails on the EXECUTE command. ... I have changed the script file, ... it may not be good implementation of your script for the purpose of changing running app with EWF on. ... > With EWF command you just commit a registry change to move/replace the JP.exe file on next reboot. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • WG: Problem with ACPI / reboot: Black Screen? Part No 2
    ... The problem is the "reboot" command. ... I have testet with pfsense 1.2.3 and then works the reboot command. ... I habe testet wirth Knoppix 6.7.1 (Kernel 3.0.x) and the reboot command works. ... swap pager pageins ...
    (freebsd-current)
  • Re: problems with 10.04 upgrade to 12.04
    ... then asked for the root password to enter maintenance mode. ... There's no 'network' command (or indeed 'cnf' ... leave it off if you wish, but ensure that you 'install --reinstall ... Reboot & once back on the desktop if the above completed without ...
    (Ubuntu)
  • RE: Configuring NIC Card
    ... reboot use the full path command and stick it in your /etc/rc.local file. ... If the reader of the message is not the intended recipient, ... We recently upgraded our network switch to a 10/100 Mbps switch. ...
    (RedHat)
  • Re: EWF/DUA help needed
    ... Your script does not reboot the device because it likely fails on the EXECUTE command. ... it may not be good implementation of your script for the purpose of changing running app with EWF on. ... With EWF command you just commit a registry change to move/replace the JP.exe file on next reboot. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)