Re: plink problem

On Oct 3, 9:14 pm, Crimson <madcrim...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sep 30, 8:55 pm, ארטיום <alkhi...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On Sep 27, 9:10 am, Crimson <madcrim...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 25 Sep., 13:10, ארטיום <alkhi...@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am using Windows 7 and the latest version of putty/plink.

I want automate execution of a script on a remote computer. I wrote a
batch file to run plink in the flowing fashion:
plink server.com -l username -pw password  ./some_server_script.sh -
batch

I hoped that it will execute the script and exit without prompting for
anything, but it actually prompts for my user name and password. What
is wrong here? The documentation says that -l specifies the user name
and -pw the password.
I have tried the following as well:
putty server.com -l username -pw password

And it connected me without questions, but using putty will not help
me to automate things.

Any ideas how can I solve this?

I normally do

which works perfect.

I get:

login as: <username>
<username>@<host>: Command not found.

Err... did you replace the parts in <> by the respective values? It
should look like

plink -pw yourpassword yourlo...@xxxxxxxxxxxx

without any < or > left.

Yes, I did that.
Are you running this on Windows?

  • Re: plink problem
    ... batch file to run plink in the flowing fashion: ... but it actually prompts for my user name and password. ... The documentation says that -l specifies the user name ... putty server.com -l username -pw password ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: plink problem
    ... batch file to run plink in the flowing fashion: ... The documentation says that -l specifies the user name ... putty server.com -l username -pw password ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: plink problem
    ... batch file to run plink in the flowing fashion: ... but it actually prompts for my user name and password. ... The documentation says that -l specifies the user name ... putty server.com -l username -pw password ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Disable auto login of network share?
    ... username and password. ... the username and password as soon as the share window is closed? ... it looks like it needs to be a batch file. ... Remember - the other two commands are not required after you have run them ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: open password protected access database
    ... If MDB has a database password ... You must not pass username and password to a password-protected ... is not hard coded in the script where it can be compromised. ... or batch file is just going to send the password ...
    (microsoft.public.scripting.vbscript)