Re: ssh ChrootDirectory gives me strange results

Hi Nico,
I am using OpenSSH_5.5p1-hpn13v7, OpenSSL 0.9.8o on Gentoo Linux x64
with a 2.6.34-gentoo-r6 kernel.

Tamer

Am 30.08.2010 03:36, schrieb Nico Kadel-Garcia:
On Aug 29, 1:17 pm, Tamer Higazi <th9...@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi people!
For a project I need to create ssh accounts (based on shared keys) who
would be loged in a specific directory. They should only be able to
login in the desired directory, but not be able for outside browsing.

Now what I did is to modify the sshd_config:

http://pastebin.com/LHTUd1ah

Everytime I uncomment: "ChrootDirectory /work" and I try to connect, I
receive this message on the console:

Write failed: Broken pipe

Any ideas?!

Tamer

Is your server OpenBSD? And which released version of OpenSSH are you
using?

  • Re: [fw-wiz] Web server security?
    ... > interface for pluggable security modules. ... I'm unlikely to do a major kernel version upgrade on my only personal Web ... server until I'm comfortable with 2.6. ... Apache and OpenSSL. ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: OpenSSL mal wieder
    ... Haeng Dich nicht an openssl auf, sicher ist alles etwas dumm gelaufen und ... Schau die andere OSS Projecte an (Linux Kernel, ... Entwickler A das Sagen hat, weil er Entwickler B für bescheuert hält. ...
    (de.comp.security.misc)
  • Re: [fw-wiz] Port 37628....Is it just another port or out of the extra ordinary???
    ... I do the same thing with OpenSSL, OpenSSH, and Apache...and any other service I NEED. ... I compile custom ... > live,sleep, eat and breathe the kernel all day long. ... Hopefully not blind trust 8^) ...
    (Firewall-Wizards)
  • Re: [RFC] Kernel version numbering scheme change
    ... Then why would this break if they are being built against the correct, ... How could you build userspace "against a kernel"? ... I'm not even sure whether OpenSSL actually does anything with the ... What does userspace with the kernel version returned by GDTIOCTL_OSVERS? ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: [RFC] Kernel version numbering scheme change
    ... How could you build userspace "against a kernel"? ... It's quite common in distros ... is out, openssl will release a minor update with a few fixes and features, ... will then have no trouble shipping a standard openssl with a standard ...
    (Linux-Kernel)