Re: OpenSSH running on Windows 2003 box - key auth working but connection closing immediately

On 27-Aug-10 10:16, Greg0145 wrote:
I've been working at this for 2 days. I finally was able to get the
client (xp box, filezilla and putty) logged into the server (windows
server 2003, web edition). However, now as soon as the connection is
made, the connection is closed by the server. In filezilla I get
exitcode 255, with putty nothing, the window closes. I've heard it
could be permission issues but have tried every known combination I
can think of. Any idea's? Desperately need help here.

On that same PC, what if you boot it up with WinXP/Vi$ta/7/Linux?
Could those user operating systems connect?

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.35.2

  • Re: Cannot connect to the Internet
    ... My Windows 2000 pro PC is connected to the internet (Local Area ... Connection 2 Status icon shows "Connected" with a speed of 10.0 ... The master browser has received a server announcement from ... The DNS Client service could not contact any DNS servers ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.virtualpc)
  • Re: Cannot connect to the Internet
    ... My Windows 2000 pro PC is connected to the internet (Local Area ... Connection 2 Status icon shows "Connected" with a speed of 10..0 ... The master browser has received a server announcement from ... Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com ...
    (microsoft.public.mac.virtualpc)
  • Re: cant send or receive email and I am using vista
    ... There is no need to mess with your connection settings if your Internet ... By default Windows Mail will use the same ... As a minimum, email scanning in the antivirus should be turned off, ... The connection to the server has failed. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.vista.mail)
  • RE: Win 2K and Win XP connections via VPN - grr....!!
    ... > I understand that you have two remote client workstations, one is Windows ... logged in via VPN but cannot see any of the server netbios names (DNS ... Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection: ... Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection: ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: "server is not accessible"
    ... Ethernet adapter Server Local Area Connection: ... How to configure Internet access in Windows Small Business Server 2003 ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)