OpenSSH running on Windows 2003 box - key auth working but connection closing immediately

I've been working at this for 2 days. I finally was able to get the
client (xp box, filezilla and putty) logged into the server (windows
server 2003, web edition). However, now as soon as the connection is
made, the connection is closed by the server. In filezilla I get
exitcode 255, with putty nothing, the window closes. I've heard it
could be permission issues but have tried every known combination I
can think of. Any idea's? Desperately need help here.

  • Re: Want to access my own sever via Putty
    ... > I would like the ability to access my server via Putty. ... Secondly, why Windows? ... certificate-based authentication to stunnel, and it's pretty secure. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: How to get F Keys to works on Putty Terminal Emulation
    ... machine running Win server 2008, and running Putty on there to access ... PuTTY, too, does see some use with OpenVMS, and (modulo some corner ... the laptop or the VNC client, or with the Windows Server box and the VNC ...
    (comp.os.vms)
  • Re: connect from Windows XP to OpenSSH server on AIX system
    ... PuTTY to telnet from Windows to the RS6000. ... You'll need an X server on your pc. ... then startx or the AIX ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: How to get F Keys to works on Putty Terminal Emulation
    ... I think i read somewhere in the puTTy FAQ to find out what the key escape sequence is and email their support. ... You might as well be asking your question of yaks and penguins, as this isn't a Microsoft Windows support newsgroup, and various denizens here are not known for a particular fondness of Windows for that matter. ... Consider raising your question with a VNC/RDP connection into Windows Server in a Windows discussion forum, or escalate this question with your organization's IT support folks. ... try a different VNC/RDP client at the remote site. ...