Re: How to find out the version of currently installed sshd (without starting it)?

On Aug 24, 11:16 am, ale...@xxxxxxxxxxxx (Alessandro Dann) wrote:
Can I find out the version of a sshd without starting the service?

Is there a command e.g. like:

/etc/init.d/sshd -version

or

/lib/svc/method/sshd -version

Alessandro

On a Linux system, try "/usr/sbin/sshd --help". And if it's an RPM
managed Linux system, "rpm -q openssh".

Readhing the manpage is also helpful for this sort of thing: "man
sshd" would have revealed that there is no specific "verson"
illuminating command, but the output of the "sshd" command with
unfortunate arguments is rather helpful.

  • Re: Changing psm (mouse) resolution?
    ... it fails to mention any sort of command line utility ... in the manpage, even though it doesn't explicitely state that "moused" ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • ssh -N bypasses command="command" in authorized_keys
    ... Linux Mandrake 8.2 - openssh-3.4p1-1.1mdk ... The Linux man page for sshd says, ... for authentication *and* you request that *some* remote command be run. ... to this sshd server without running *any* command, thus avoiding the ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • [BUG?] sshd closes the connection after 2^16 bytes
    ... I'm having trouble with the sshd on one particular machine. ... This happens whether I launch the command from the machine, ... another remote machine. ...
    (SSH)
  • Re: Fedora disimprovements: am I alone?
    ... grub or systemctl from the command line at all. ... a service at boot seems to have gone...is this a bug? ... how to automatically start sshd in F16 ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: ssh Question
    ... > what command. ... Unsure what you mean with key/regenerate, you mean user, not host? ... Another thing, could be the log files in /var/log, sshd logging can ... > I can also have a banner and welcome page, I know in sshd, you can ...
    (comp.os.linux.security)