PuTTY tunneling breaks php generated pages on windows vista/7

I can easily create a tunnel under windows XP to tunnel 443-
"localhost:443" and then simply access the remote server pages
through the https://localhost URL. When starting with a plain
installation of Vista or windows 7 the same actions result in half way
broken pages (i.e. just like the connection to be reset during the
transfer of the page content) or pages not displaying at all.

Using:
Trunk Version of PuTTY,
Windows 7 default install
Remote Server: Centos 5.4 running FreePBX (a PHP application)
Tunneling: any chosen local host -> localhost:443 (on the server)

Where is the problem?

George.

  • Re: Vista Corrupted To Near Unusability -- No Recovery Disks
    ... I like Ubuntu and in fact use it on this machine at work because to use my MVP award of Windows at work would IMHO be illegal. ... However I have tried W 7 and it is much leaner and cleaner than Vista so I can't quite agree that is is simply a trimmed down Vista, I believe there have been significant coding changes. ... I have been pleased with Vista HomePrem: unlike any previous Win installation I used, it ran for more than 2 years without any need for a clean install. ... No solution found at this time, but I may likely post what I eventually do, and that may not involve HP sending me the recovery CDs which I want because of what appears to be a flawed business model. ...
  • Re: Vista: Cannot install critical KB952709
    ... so I tried to open a windows vista sp1 incident. ... I will open a support incident. ... Unlimited installation and compatibility support for Vista SP1 is ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Application Non Responding (Vista)
    ... Would it not make sense to post a Vista question to a Vista newsgroup ... instead of Windows XP newsgroup? ... On the system I have installed the drivers of the new graphic board. ... installation of the new graphic board, and at that time it was really ...
  • Re: Can someone please help me with this problem
    ... Vista home basic ... Now the problem I have is that I recently got sent a installation CD ... Ubuntu anymore and wanting to revert back to Vista but I dont have ... And what would I need to do to get Windows Vista back onto my laptop. ...
  • First day thoughts on Windows Vista
    ... I just thought I'd share some intial observations in regards to Windows ... I received the Vista Beta through my TechNet subscription and quickly loaded ... Unfortunately the installation kept hanging on the Confguring page. ... The went on to the drivers that were not found. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)