Re: How to stop remote commands and allow ONLY interactive login sessions?

Oh yes, I can see why it would be desirable if you could prohibit
the use of expect(1) as well as the "exec" request. But given that
there's no sensible way to block the former, blocking the latter
only throws a small obstacle in the path of people wanting to
automate things.

It might be simpler & better to just offer services over webpages...

--
@~@ Might, Courage, Vision, SINCERITY.
/( _ )\ (x86_64 Ubuntu 9.10) Linux 2.6.34

  • Re: threading
    ... affecting other threads, whereas if one uses the async approach, a request ... or is it some arbitrary timeout - if a handler returns within ... that time it is non-blocking, but if it exceeds it it is blocking? ... I cannot guarantee it if the database server is under stress. ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Java Soft-Real-Time Processor
    ... request will take no more than what the process specifies. ... programmer defines a timeout ... how can the Processor interrupt execution ... Process Stages are divided in two categories: blocking and non- ...
    (comp.realtime)
  • Re: [patch 00/13] Syslets, "Threadlets", generic AIO support, v3
    ... VFS blocking, mutex/lock blocking, memory pressure ... them /all/ and never hold up the primary context: ... 'chunk' into one atomic step done in the 'syslet/threadlet request'. ... blocking in the syslet model - and real user-space servers will always ...
    (Linux-Kernel)
  • Re: threading
    ... that time it is non-blocking, but if it exceeds it it is blocking? ... a blocking request is one that waits until it has a response, ... the request to a handler and be ready to deal with the next one must already ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: Blocking IP Address does not work
    ... My guess is that you are blocking it, but only for some directories & across ... you block it from the machine or web level, ... > I am using NT4.0 and IIS. ... > My webserver is getting bombarded by many GET request for the home page ...
    (microsoft.public.inetserver.iis)