Re: Maximum outgoing connections using Putty

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 16:34:00 +0000, Doug Freyburger wrote:

Kevin Kirsch wrote:
Ray Greene wrote:

Can anyone tell me if there is a limit on the number of outgoing
connections that can be made using Putty?

Each TCP-connection needs an unique port-kombination. There are only
65535 TCP-ports, so Putty can not open more then 65535 connectons to
the same port on the server.

But there is a MaxSessions variable in sshd_config that limits the
number of incoming sessions. It's typically set to 10 as that's the
default. Good luck having an account on 65535/10 systems to be able to
hit the outgoing limit before enountering the incoming limit.

The limit is not 65535 connections at all, the limit is
65535/remote server :-D.

  • Re: Temporarily blocking ports
    ... though I'll admit I think of ssh as something only a select ... Do you refer to manual of automatic key connections? ... Enter passphrase: ... No idea on Putty and others. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Maximum outgoing connections using Putty
    ... so Putty can not open more then 65535 connectons to ... the same port on the server. ... hit the outgoing limit before enountering the incoming limit. ... The limit is not 65535 connections at all, ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Re: Questions Re: SSH X11 Tunnelling with PuTTY, Exceed
    ... X connections tunnelled through PuTTY will be coming from PuTTY, ... from your machine to the server, ... $DISPLAY' on the remote host and see what it says. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • handicap accessibility, passwords, and restartable connections
    ... authentication sequence. ... With putty, I can use pagent and a no ... Ideally, as I said, I would like to automate the whole thing. ... connections, I could use screen. ...
    (comp.terminals)