Re: Maximum outgoing connections using Putty

On Wed, 16 Jun 2010 10:05:01 +1200, Ray Greene wrote:

Can anyone tell me if there is a limit on the number of outgoing
connections that can be made using Putty?

Each TCP-connection needs an unique port-kombination. There are only
65535 TCP-ports, so Putty can not open more then 65535 connectons to the
same port on the server.

  • Re: Temporarily blocking ports
    ... though I'll admit I think of ssh as something only a select ... Do you refer to manual of automatic key connections? ... Enter passphrase: ... No idea on Putty and others. ...
    (freebsd-questions)
  • Re: Questions Re: SSH X11 Tunnelling with PuTTY, Exceed
    ... X connections tunnelled through PuTTY will be coming from PuTTY, ... from your machine to the server, ... $DISPLAY' on the remote host and see what it says. ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • handicap accessibility, passwords, and restartable connections
    ... authentication sequence. ... With putty, I can use pagent and a no ... Ideally, as I said, I would like to automate the whole thing. ... connections, I could use screen. ...
    (comp.terminals)
  • Re: Maximum outgoing connections using Putty
    ... so Putty can not open more then 65535 connectons to ... the same port on the server. ... hit the outgoing limit before enountering the incoming limit. ... The limit is not 65535 connections at all, ...
    (comp.security.ssh)
  • Putty and dynamic port forwarding?
    ... An alternative way to forward local connections to remote hosts is to use ... dynamic SOCKS proxying. ... This will cause PuTTY to listen ...
    (comp.security.ssh)